1.If your patient is COVID-19 positive, follow existing guidelines for surgical procedures.
2. Make sure endoscopy is ABSOLUTELY warranted for management of the patient. Presume all patients are PUI
3. Wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) such as gloves, face mask with visor or shields at all times.
4. To reduce chances of droplet spread from sneezing or coughing, use topical decongestant and local anesthetic.
5. Endoscopy should be carried out using a monitor rather than direct viewing through the eyepiece.
6. Sterilize all equipment and facilities used during the procedure including buttons and switches following safety protocols.
7. All used materials and supplies including PPE should be disposed properly following safety protocols.